[lit-ideas] Re: Feingold draws little support for censure

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:53:52 -0800

Lawrence wrote:

I know this will be a big disappointment for all you Bush-Bashers.

No one thought, surely, that Bush would actually be censured; but that this is happening at all is a noteworthy event in American history. The only other time I know of its being attempted was in 1834, against Jackson. A resolution of censure is an expression of the Senate's views; it carries no legal sanctions. The Senate could censure a ham sandwich if it wanted to.

However, I see that that 60% of the American people disapprove of the way Bush is doing his job*, and this his 'numbers' are falling in every heading under which questions were asked of the poll takers. Fact, not bash.

*http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/13/bush.poll/

Robert Paul
The Reed Institute