[lit-ideas] Re: Federal Role in Katrina Restoration: Is It Permissible?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:54:49 -0400

Except we're not talking about benevolence.  We're talking about losing cities
vital to national interest.  Here's a question for you: do objects of
benevolence include corporations taking federal money with impunity, such as
bailout from bankruptcy?  What were the Constitutional arguments during
Reconstruction following the Civil War?