[lit-ideas] Re: Far Right Christian Fundamentalism and Public Policy Pushers

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:24:05 +0900

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, my question would be, why is political advocacy done by Christian
> groups, fundamentalist, evangelical or otherwise, a problem?

To demand that Christians consider political issues only from non-Christian
perspectives is, of course, absurd, and political advocacy by Christian
groups is not, of itself, a problem. The problem is the tendency of the more
enthusiastic groups to transgress the separation of Church and state and
insist that doing whatever they see as God's will takes priority over the
Constitution.
John

--
John McCreery