[lit-ideas] Re: Fan Fluttering 101

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 15:42:22 -0500

David: Instead we focus on whether the outward form is correct, something that is much easier to assess.

When I argue that way, people call me reactionary, but it's so truly put. Here's an example of how that kind of anti-canonical, culturally relative crapola filters into general culture:

The son of a friend was studying Chaucer in public high school senior English. The class spent two periods watching the movie, A Knight's Tale, in which Chaucer is shown as the feckless, gambling, wacky sidekick of Heath Ledger.

Curly Howard with Ipod need no substance dude,
Moe