[lit-ideas] Re: Fan Fluttering 101

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:44:46 -0500

>>my point was that it's a skill only as getting things to conform to MLA format is a skill; it's not central, but people currently seem to think it indicative.

"Under Which Lyre" by Auden seems to address the issue. (The followers of pompous Apollo who delight in any boring task as long as they think their work important ...) For a recent project, employers thought it paramount that I write in XML, which is easy. They considered the quality of the final draft less important.

In the service of Kleist,
Winston Smith (Orwell 1).

_____

"Orwell, George." Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica 2009 Deluxe Edition. Chicago: Encyclopædia Britannica, 2009.