[lit-ideas] Re: Famous Writers Who Were Virgins

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:23:01 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2010 6:09:42 P.M., _rpaul@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:rpaul@xxxxxxxx)
quotes my:

>>I know a female who lost her virginity when riding a horse (That is
actually pretty common.)

and comments:

>Among acrobats, perhaps.

No. If that had been the case, I  would have specified it: "it is pretty
common, amongst acrobats, for females to  lose their virgnities, while reading
a horse.

For an acrobat is NOT a common profession.

My understanding is that in some sort of excercises involving the
stretching of legs, etc, (riding a horse, a bike, etc.) can produce the
breaking  of
the hymen. I suppose there are attested cases of such "losses of
virginity".

Emily Dickinson.

JL Speranza