[lit-ideas] Re: Faith, Poltics and influence

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:13:44 -0700

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Land

Hey, Richard Land is a Southern Baptist who lives, I don't know where he lives,
but I don't think its Alaska.  What is the issue you are pushing Marlena?  I
thought you were arguing about Palin.  She belong to an AOG church and then
switch to a non-denominationalist church.  What does Land have to do with
Palin?  Have you given up on Palin and decided to indict all of Conservative
Christianity?

I, on the other hand, am sticking to the subject.  Obama credits Wright with
changing his life.  Wright subscribes to the Black Liberation Theology of James
Cone.  It is fair to look at what Wright says.  He preached to Obama for 17
years.  And it is fair to listen to the teachings of James Cone who created,
along with Hopkins, the theology that Wright subscribes to.

Lawrence Helm