[lit-ideas] Re: Face the Music

  • From: Eric <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 03:40:22 -0400

On 8/11/2010 8:26 PM, David Ritchie wrote:
I didn't merely engage with your claim, I fenced and then staked it.
Right through the heart.  It's dangerous.

Not so. My claim, my hunch if you prefer, is based on experience. Coupling with someone who doesn't like the same kind of music is a big mistake, betokens ever-widening power struggles in the relationship, is the correlative of a vast divide which can be ignored, managed, or negotiated only for the short term. It always signals a distance. Yet there is no arguing about that I guess. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Yours,
Donald Giovanni