[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Six Characters in Search of an Author

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 00:30:32 -0500

Speaking of interviews, I read one with Kris Kristofferson once that I have never forgotten. He told a story about a woman protesting outside the White House. Someone chided her about how her protesting would never change the men inside. She replied sthat she wasn't there to change them. She was there to keep them from changing her.
Ursula,
missing Bobby McGee in North Bay

Andy Amago wrote:

I used to use him to get to sleep a gazillion years ago.  When I couldn't
get to sleep, in my mind I'd sing I was a lineman for the county ... Worked
every time.  I have this vague idea I heard him interviewed once.  A
dysfunctional person, like everybody.  I'm wearing out this word
dysfunctional.  Now I'm sure people read my posts when they can't get to
sleep.  That's because I'm dysfunctional.  That's why I think that.