[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: Violence as Destruction of Doubt

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:19:02 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/2005 11:00:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Actually, these paragraphs make perfect sense to me.  All he's  saying is
that what we don't want to face in ourselves we say the other guy  is
feeling.  I hate you, but I'm scared of you, so I turn it around  and say
you hate me.

Hi, Andy,
Okay, I think you are sort of, kind of, in a way--getting what he is trying
to say. At least closer to my interpretation. <wry look>

*I* think he is more than likely trying to say that I hate myself but I'm
scared of that feeling 'cause I'm not supposed to hate myself and I cannot dig
deep enough to figure it out anyway. (without either my psychoanalysis or
Phil's...and we both know which one is real...maybe not useful, but  real...)

so I'll project that hate onto you and then see the hate coming back to me
(well, if you were carrying someone else's hate around, wouldn't you want  to
be a mirror, too? oops, he doesn't cover THAT in his paper, I bet...) and  then
there you are. What else can you do but go fight it because  you don't want
to deal with that in any sort of way.

I'm not explaining much better than the original author, I bet.

Hoping Andy digs deeper and can explain it better,
Marlena in Missouri