[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: US Congress and the Israeli Attack on Lebanon

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:10:17 -0400

Then read it and don't apologize.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 11:47 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] FW: Re: US Congress and the Israeli Attack on Lebanon

Sorry, I didn't read your note that carefully, apologies.  Seems like
you're saying you can't criticize Israel because there are anti-semites
around.  By that definition anyone who criticizes the U.S. is
anti-American.  Are people who criticize the U.S. anti-American?  You're
saying that criticizing anyone is anti the thing they're criticizing?

> [Original Message] > From: Stan Spiegel <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx> > To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Date: 7/24/2006 11:19:24 PM > Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: US Congress and the Israeli Attack on Lebanon > > I do share Articles that I find stimulating...and get in trouble
because
> it's often thought they represent my thinking. Since there are obvious
> anti-semites on board this listserv, I'm not sharing anything critical
of
> Israel. I know Israel isn't perfect. Just as I know I'm not perfect. I
am.
> I'm ready and willing to criticize its government, its policies, how it
> interacts with Palestinians -- just as I'm ready and willing to
criticize
> the Bush administration.
>
> SS
>

> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Stephen
> >> Zunes, the Editor, John Feffer, and the source, Foreign Policy In
Focus,