[lit-ideas] FW: Re: Oh, Take me to JesusLand!

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:53:00 -0500

> > [Original Message]
> > From: Veronica Caley <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: 11/14/2005 3:08:28 PM
> > Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Oh, Take me to JesusLand!
> >

> Montana is holy
> > land only to the Native Americans.

I don't think in terms of religion, so it occurred to me only later that
Palestine is of course, the Holy Land.  You're referring to the religious
tug of war that goes on in the Middle East.  God loves everyone best and
mankind will blow up the world proving it.  Being an atheist, I think it's
ludicrous and primitive, but few share my opinions.  Nevertheless,
Jerusalem can remain as a general Holy Land for everyone, which it
historically has been.  Naturally, nothing like this will happen, I suspect
in large part because people simply enjoy conflict.  Lyndie English with
her big smile speaks for everyone.  In part too, all the well wishing is
most fun at a distance.  It's all hypocrisy

The bottom line is Muslims, Jews and Christians are all weird.  And all
equally brain dead when it comes to solving problems.

Andy Amago