[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: Iremago

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:45:52 -0500

I remember Harrison Solow as a name-dropping, vindictive, strident, egomaniac -- who was always talking about her 'hollywood' reputation and connections. Wasn't she was part of the genesis for what eventually culminated in the whole "D'Amato incident".

No. She had nothing to do with it. The guy who called D'Amato an 'intellectual thug' (which incident precipitated the whole affair) appeared very briefly. I can't even remember if he submitted anything but that one post.

3 Posts altogether. And I believe it was the 'pseudo' before the "intellectual thug" that Mr. D'Amato most objected to.

I don't remember HS as vindictive or strident; she was no more an egomaniac (at least in my fallacious memory) than any of the rest of us.

A typical opening from a Solow "as I was discussing with my friend Arthur C. Clarke"

At one time, I DISTINCTLY remember her talking about how she felt she was being stalked and how she had to look out for it in her 'business' when in next sentence she mentioned how her 'personal assistant' intercepted her email. UGH!!!

She most certainly did publicly threaten at least one person with legal action -- not associated with the D'amato affair.

I guess I just didn't like her 'tude. And I definitely didn't like her pretenses and the fact that she was obviously a pseudonym.

I guess I am too sensitive. Oh my god, Lumbago is RIGHT!

Paul