[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: Immigration

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:20:41 +0100

> I'm sorry to hear that it runs in your family.  It's a terrible illness.
> hope you're exercising aerobically as much as you can (build up slowly)
and
> doing the rest of what it takes to keep it at bay.

Thank you, Irene.  The good news is that members of my family haven't, so
far,
been as badly affected (rapidly, anyway) as a really OK man I knew who
died not that long after his diabetes was diagnosed (not, though, that
young).
But he was diagnosed late, I rather think.

I'm eating sensibly and losing weight (I've put weight on these last 5
years) slowly.
I don't go in for "exercise" but I walk a lot -- I haven't got a car, so I
walk more
than most people.  And I've cut out sugar as much as possible.
But I am high risk so perhaps need to do more.

If I do get it (if I have it!) I will be well looked after.  My primary care
doctors are
very good.

Judy Evans, Cardiff