[lit-ideas] Re: FW: RE: Re: Just read a novel

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:02:45 -0400

Tried and true, tried and true.  Kafka captures the world the way it really
is, yes, the way it really is.  So does Hemingway.  So does Mary Shelly.
So do a lot of them.  They're worth reading and them I read.

> "On the other hand, Eve Black doesn't much care about baseball,
> especially since they can't
> > restrain themselves from flying into buildings in their spare time."
>
> That's ok, I don't know who Eve Black is anyway so her apathy doesn't
> strike me.

Apathy toward sports, so that doesn't count, unless one equates sports with
substance.

> PS- Death of A President was rerun here last night so I watched about 15
> minutes or so of it.  Fakumentary, it should be called.  No gory autopsy
> close-ups.  I was well disappointed.  But I couldn't help wondering what
> the reaction in liberal America would have been had someone like
> Charlton Heston directed a similar film depicting the assassination of
> Bill Clinton during Clinton's presidency.
> --

They assassinated Bill's character for eight years with outright and
forthright hostility and he survived. Bush gets the wish fulfillment, maybe
because everybody luvs him.