[lit-ideas] FW: Control

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:24:59 -0400

Can't seem to do it in fewer than 12 posts today.  Before I log off, I want to
say that this is why I don't think the response to Katrina was particularly
about race.  It was about class.  Bush doesn't like people generally, he only
likes very rich people.  The people in Louisiana were very poor.  If they were
black and very rich, they would have been rescued.  If the victims were white
and middle class, the response to Katrina would be the same as for the black
people.  (Get your rescue kits together.)  It's the mostly white middle class
who he's shafting by trying to get rid of SS.  And with that you'll be sorry to
hear that I'm logging off.

I just want to say that I don't think for a minute that Condi runs Bush.
Clearly Bush adores her, and if she takes care of him, it's because he wants to
be taken care of.  She's been described as his office wife.  My suspicion is
that he has a love/hate relationship with Condi.  Most close relationships are
that way.  The husband "forgets" the anniversary and so on.  My educated guess
is that Condi does his bidding, and part of her job is to take care of him
because be wants it that way.