[lit-ideas] Re: FOUND POETRY

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 14:06:10 -0400

Okay, whatever.  If you want to use my words and say you're taking potshots at
Robert Paul while calling it For Omar, that's cool.

Making fun of something people have absolutely no control over hardly takes
genius.  What does Matt Groening propose people do for something they have no
control over?  He's certainly clear on what others should do, which is mock
them, but he has no suggestions on what they themselves should do to correct
something they have no control over.  I like the Simpsons too, when they're not
being mean spirited and tiresome.

BTW, I saw another movie that was better than I expected.  Fun With Dick and
Jane, the 2002 remake.  I'm motivated now to see the earlier version to see how
it dealt with issues contemporary to its own day, if it did.