[lit-ideas] Re: Exercise

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:55:38 +0000 (GMT)

> Judy, I think you are right re the BBC.

Thank you. I don't watch it that often (don't watch the version you see that
often) so couldn't be sure.  I have a feeling the BBC's trying to do too much,
as it has some first rate newsreaders working here who are certainly capable of
interviewing.

 think the young
> lady in question at the Super Bowl is probably not a sports
> caster.

Our sports casters vary enormously.  Michael Johnson, stolen from you, of
course, is terrific. The tennis people usually are too (again not all Brit. and
including John McEnroe).  But some say the kind of thing the young woman did
(some of them are not actually bad, they simply get flustered).  So, I suppose
she could be hired to sports cast.

> The male was to the left (stage) of the female.

I've a feeling ours are too but I must check it out!

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK