[lit-ideas] Examples from Argentina

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:13:22 -0800

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/04/frum.argentina.lessons.left.right/inde
x.html

Here is an interesting article written by a Canadian-American which starts
out giving the reader the idea he intends to compare Canada to Argentina,
and he does that initially, but he is more interested in taking the
"lessons" he sees in bad-Argentinean government-policies (or non-policies)
and applying them to current American situations.

Extrapolating from this article we are inclined to assume that our own J. L.
Speranza is of the Argentinean "rich."  And since that must be true if the
writer of the article is being accurate, I wonder why Geary (who hates the
rich) likes Speranza.

Lawrence