[lit-ideas] Re: Euthyphro & Habermas

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:01:05 -0800

M. Geary wrote:

Yes, but I wasn't worried about you [David Ritchie].  You have a boat buried
in your back yard on which you could survive the 40 days and 40 nights. Poor RP has nothing but the concept of a boat. We must look out for the philosophers -- it's a Categorical Imperative, I do believe.

Philosophers have the Ship of Theseus at their disposal. In fact, that pile of
planks in David Ritchie's back yard might turn out to _be_ the Ship of Theseus
if they were assembled properly.

Robert Paul
Department of Wonders
Mutton College