[lit-ideas] Re: European civil war

  • From: "Steve Chilson" <stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:58:53 -0800

I wanted to rephrase the subject as "Yes, but" because it seems such a
part of Judith's discussion below.

I think the important thing to remember about modern France is the
percentage of Muslims who live in France and the comparative birth rate
in France between Muslims and non-Muslims.  There is where you will find
your tetchy subjects and your polls that show division.

In Rotterdam, last year, the number one name of male babies born was
Muhammad (sic)

Not Jan, or Jaap or Hein.  Muhammad. (sic)

Just like it's important to know what fundamentalist Christians believe
in America, equally important to know what fundamentalist Muslims believe
in Europe.

I don't get a Muslim vibe on the EU's treating of Turkey to join favoured
status, for example.  It's a white christian capitalist vibe, isn't it
then?

The killing is the question.

In the future assimilation in Europe, assimilation will be the degree to
which the hosts are willing to accomodate their guests or kill them.

Not the other way around.  Birth rates will deterime the it --

It's formulating already:

the forces of the third world versus the elite.

it's a war that religion is conveniently the puppet of.  The media are
the heavies who lay on the lather of the fools.

Steve Chilson,
warwickshire.

  Steve Chilson
  stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx