[lit-ideas] Re: Erin (and Ursula) in Berlin...

  • From: "Steve Chilson" <stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 00:23:32 +0100

it's just the new place.  remember in the late 80s when prague was
supposed to be the new Paris of the 20a and the next great place was
going to be Budapest and then when everyone got bored it was going to be
Sofia?

(I dunno if that was everyone's experience but it certainly was a cliche
for inexhaustable wanderlust faux literary alchoholics in say 1985.)

And now Berlin.  Wine and transexuals and Hitler all rolled into art.
A great place indeed.  You should have seen it during the World Cup.

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:08:02 -0400, "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> Yes...Berlin is great.   I was there for the first time just 10 days ago
> (sandwiched between Paris and Riga).
> Great food.  Great wine.  Great people.  Great people watching.  Great
> museums -- although I missed the Kathe Kollwitz...damn.  More great
> museums.  Great modern architecture.  Great fusion of past and future.
> Great...Great...Great...
>
> I don't want to start school tomorrow.  Take me back to Berlin...
> Ursula
>
>     * /From/: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>     * /Date/: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 07:30:53 -0400
>
> Oh my god...
> I LOVE BERLIN!!!
> this is the best fucking city in the world.
>

> OK, time for more beer.
> YAY!!!!
>

> Hm... food is also a necessity.  Must remember that...
>
> Erin
> Berlin

  Steve Chilson
  stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx