[lit-ideas] Re: Enthusiasm

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:30:30 -0400

>Never loan a book out
>w/out requiring a deposit of  something of equal value, btw.
I know where she lives.  My brother, on the other hand, had wanted to borrow a
bunch of my books because he had to read them for a few of his courses.  After
all, why should he have to buy his own when I already own copies.  Ha.  No way,
I said.  Absolutely no way in hell.  Give him the books, said my mother.  No.
No, no, no, no no no no no no no no, I said.  I refuse.  Refuse!  Sure enough,
just last week there came a knock on my door.

Ian:  Erin, can I use your copies of Hamlet, Groundwork of the Metaphysic of
Morals, Fear and Trembling, and I and Thou?  I just need them for page
references.
Erin:  Dare I asked what happened to *your* copies of these texts?
Ian:  Um, I dunno.
Erin:  That's FOUR books.  FOUR.  You lost FOUR books?
Ian:  It seems that way.

Hmm... I think I was supposed to be doing something.  Now, what was it?

Erin