[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 01:03:20 -0500

Do you believe the earth goes around the sun? Just wondering.

head shaking non sequitur.

How about magic? Do you believe things happen by magic?

Fuck you Irene... I mean it this time directed at you.

> >Cats are tiny, how could you hit a cat?  My cat just today looked like
she was going to bite the cord on the electric blanket.  I touched her,
> >literally touched her and said in a regular voice, what are you doing?
> >Let's go, come on.  She looked at me, all but smiled, and we walked out
of the room together.  I have NEVER had a problem with her.  And I have
NEVER hit her.  Technically, yeah, I guess I can imagine a lot of things, but
I'd rather not.

> What do you do if she knocks over a plant filled with VERY black
> plant dirt on a WHITE rug worth thousands of dollars that you JUST
> had installed? Do you say calmly, "hey, kitty, don't touch the plants"?

There's always the pound.

GREAT choice. Your answers floor me by the dozen.

Correct. They'll hate their spouse, their boss, the wrong political party.

blah blah blah blah

But deep down, it's all the same displaced hatred of those who made them
feel scared and powerless originally.  By your definition, we should have a
very happy world.

No... we WOULD have a happy world if people were not morons (by your definitions and i tend to agree with you there cf. Larkin's "They fuck you up your mum and dad")

Everyone should be behaving themselves, because nearly
everybody gets hit.  Did you read Mike's account?  That's normal in
much/most of the world. Yet 9/11 happened.  Iraq happened.  Animal abuse
happens.

You are fucking crazy! Spanking equals terrorists?

That guy in Mike's school who beat the kid bloody was most
likely, forget it, was guaranteed to have himself been beat up.   Nowadays
biographers, forensics people, nearly everybody looks at home life.  Why do
you think that is?  (Rhetorical question.)

Too bad, I'll answer that anyway... because they are too bored with life to do anything else. They need to publish or perish, so they make up bullshit terms like "post traumatic stress disorder" and apply it to everyone who knows a paper boy who might have lost a gerbil in the attic.

Sure makes life easy to have it all figured out that way.  People don't
care about their kids.

Of course they do, you are being alarmist and insincere.

Lazy dickhead is enough for them.

Bullshit!

Did you know that 4 out of 5 families don't learn sign language if there's a deaf child
in the family?

Whatever!

That's an example of how much people care about their kids. Lazy dickhead saves a lot of time and covers a lot of ground.

uh Huh!

Somebody does something by accident, and your answer is to beat them?

You are chronically misreading me. I'm saying people need to be jarred back into reality when they are oblivious to dangers that exist. I'm not advocating beating people who 'accidentally' do something. I'm saying you need to swat your kid if they do something incredibly detrimental to their health.

So if you slide on ice into someone's car, you deserve a beating. This is like, weird.

You are incredibly irritating.

Terrorize a kid and those little neurons imprint forever.  The problem too
is that people who will terrorize a child most likely aren't going out of
their way to have a relationship either.  They care about themselves, not
the kid.  Lazy dickheads can be pretty angry people.

i guess i must be a lazy dickhead.

LD

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone