[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:44:20 -0800

On Feb 16, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Erin Holder wrote:

I'd go for the hamster. They're fluffier and nicer to hold. Gerbils bite.
Well, the one I had did (I had one also). But maybe it just didn't like me.
I personally found the creature annoying as hell. I'd never get another.

Erin

No...go for the gold...gefilte...fish. In the bath until passover, very tasty at the feast.

I'm referring, of course, to a children's book, the title of which I forget, but the gist of which was that Ma kept carp in the bathtub until they were needed to sate the appetites of reclining persons.

Why not guinea pigs?

Different geography, same rationale.

David Ritchie
ever helpful in