[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:22:27 EST

You should get another.  Lucy is the first dog I've really loved since  my
wonderful collie/hound mix...he was such a good pet.  Died of old  age.  And I
have tended in the past to ridicule slightly those people who  treat their
animals like people ....but Lucy is such a wonderful companion; I  take her
everywhere in the car with me, and even let her sleep on my bed (an  absolute
no-no
in general) when I had the flu.  She so absolutely has her  very own
personality.  Sometimes I think animals are nicer than  people.  My daughter
would
certainly say so.  One of her mice recently  had babies and one of the tiny
things
(ugly as all get-out, pink, hairless,  worm-looking) died.  I told her to
toss it in the trash.  She was  outraged and insisted on a full burial.  ("If
you
had a baby, Mom, and it  died, would you want someone to throw it in the
trash??").  Of course this  is the same child who begged me, years ago, when I
swatted a wasp in her  bedroom, to "make it alive again, Mommy, make it alive
again!".

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic
Schools  Date: 2/16/06 7:03:53 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Sheltie jumped incessantly.  Especially if  someone were to walk to the
back
door to let him out.  And we're not  talking, like, little jumps.  We're
talking super high monster  jumps!  It was nuts.  I picked him because he was
the smallest,  most pathetic looking puppy in the bunch and named him after
an
axe murderer  on the X-Files.  He didn't really live up to his name.  He was
SO
timid.  He had cartilage growing in his lungs, though, since he was  little.
No one knew about it.  We only found out about it when he  started to develop
serious breathing problems, i.e., could barely breathe at  all.  And he
couldn't eat.  We had to switch him from regular dog  food to soft, canned
stuff that we then had to squish up.  The poor  thing died of a heart attack
at
the vet's, when the vet gave him a  needle.  I love Shelties.

Erin

Quoting  JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx: