[lit-ideas] Re: Englehardt, Cold Warrior in a Strange Land

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:04:36 -0500

The fact of the matter is that one-third of a trillion dollars worth of
might per year later, there's no end in sight to the enemies of Iraq.  One
might even argue that there really is no Iraq, only three factions once
held together by a dictator, now voting along sectarian lines.  I don't
have time to read the thing on bin Laden, but it's going to take a lot of
persuading that this anything other than a war in the conditional tense, he
could have developed WMD, he would have, etc,