[lit-ideas] Re: En dehors de all that tat

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:04:15 -0800

All tripe dishes are not alike; menudo doesn't come close to resembling
tripes a la mode de Caen.  Here in calimexico, tripe soup (menudo) is touted
as a cold remedy, mainly because it's supposed to be spicy, and therefore
powerful enough to kill all living creatures within a five-foot radius of
the infected diner. Even little kids like it. I doubt that they'd eat
faggots around here.

Carol