[lit-ideas] Re: Emotion and Politics

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:34:09 -0500

At 08:50 AM 1/26/2006, you wrote:

Are you saying Iron Maiden coined the phrase for the first time?  (Somehow
I got through life never having heard Iron Maiden.)

Start with their version of 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner" [it's almost as long as the poem] if you want something truly evocative from one of the pioneer bands of metal. You really need to get out more often.

I meant it as more run fer the hills. Why in the world would you think emotions and politics is
silly? Humans don't know the meaning of the word rational.

Are you non-human? If not, how do you constantly step outside the human race and make these statements?

Now it's proven with imaging equipment, and you think it's silly? Scary, definitely, and sad, that our big brains are so worthless and even counterproductive.

Phew, you finally included yourself in there -- but not really eh?

But silly sounds like denial.

EVERYTHING sounds like denial to you.

member of the silly party,
Tarquin Fintimlimbimlimbim- whimbimlin Bus Stop Ftang Ftang Olay Biscuit Barrel

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada