[lit-ideas] Re: Einstein

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:43:58 -0600

EY: (on the struggle to be an artist)

but also because you have to violate your family's expectations of a normal career. Your father and mother will think you're naive, nuts, or not serious.

My mother once told me that she knew we (I and my 5 siblings) were destined for "greatness". OK, Mom, I'll get right on it. I've lived lo these many years under the guilt of not being great. Not being the genius that my mother craved. She was a genius at imagining her children geniuses. God, how I wish she were still alive, I'd mock her so terribly. And she'd love it and turn it back on me. Death, be not proud, you didn't kill her, just her body, she's still alive in me and in my kids.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>