[lit-ideas] Re: EP has left the building (Was: Saying an EP)

  • From: "Michael Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:43:08 -0500

> The fact that Mike Geary can make light of Donal's thinking here by
> comparing it to Clinton's "It depends on what you mean by 'is'" is
evidence
> enough that one has left EP-land

Yeah, but in fairness to Donal, I was also making light of the entire
debate.  The gall of my doing so (having never read a word of Wittgenstein)
doesn't escape me.  I have no right to interject my ignorance into the
debate.  It's just that it amuses me to consider all the brain power and all
the years of serious scholarship being brought to bear upon this most
elementary (?) issue and no one agrees.  Is all philosophy a question of
"How many angels"?  I know it's not, but sometimes it seems like it.  I wish
I could say more, but I've got to go unclog a sink.

Avicenna McKees
Short-Term Memory Loss Anonymous
Uhh....