[lit-ideas] Re: EASTER SUNDAY POEM

  • From: "Mirembe Nantongo" <nantongo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 05:41:12 +0100

ESP or what?!  Readers of my upcoming science fiction bestseller should look
out for a major role - well, a role - for Mary Magdalene. Will she be a
goodie or a baddie? She is elusive and mysterious enough for either - or
maybe neither. Or both. See:

http://www.magdalene.org/faq.htm

"In the world of Mary Magdalene, there are many mirrors, and many doors. She
has turned up in the mythology of more than a couple religions, and more
than a few cultures. She has been spurned by some and venerated by others.
Here we will explore the accumulation of mythology that has built up around
her."

http://members.tripod.com/~Ramon_K_Jusino/magdalene.html

"To this day, Mary Magdalene remains a most elusive and mysterious figure.
Speculation about her role in the development of early Christianity is not
new. She has been the subject of many different theories and myths
throughout ecclesiastical history. Such speculation is the result of the
deafening silence from the Scriptures regarding this woman who is cited by
all four Gospels as being present at both the Crucifixion of Jesus and the
Empty Tomb on the morning of the Resurrection. Why is it that we know
virtually nothing else about her? Has she made contributions to the
development of the early church of which we are not aware?"

<><><>

Thanks, Mike! All best, MN