[lit-ideas] Re: EARLY SUNDY PROEM

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:32:23 -0700

on 6/30/05 7:34 PM, Mike Geary at atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> "You're a dimwitted God," I said.
> "I am, indeed," he said, "and you were made in my image."

An even more dimwitted god was once played by Marty Feldman.  It was in a
skit about a man in a bus queue who demands money on the basis that he is
God but has left his bus fare at home.  Surely someone remembers it?

"I am a merciful God," he said, "but I shall smite you if you don't lend me
two and sixpence...but I could be grateful and follow you all of your days,
yea even unto your spare bedroom..."

This would be before decimalization and Marty Feldman's death and people at
every junction showing cardboard signs.

Go Geary.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon