[lit-ideas] Re: E Mail and Schopenhauer

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:35:19 EDT

Thank you for the info.  As something of a language fanatic, in College I
became fluent in Spanish and French, was reading Homer in Greek and the Torah
in
Hebrew.  I developed friendships with a gal from Korea, one from Russia, and
one from Iran and was well on my way to becoming conversant in Korean, Russian
and Farsee.  I took one semester of German and swore it was the most
impossibley difficult and obscure language I'd ever met and that I loathed it.
I've
never understood what about that particular language was so excruciatingly
difficult for me to wrap my mind around.  Maybe when my kids are grown I'll
enroll
in a local College course and try it again <g>.
Julie Krueger