[lit-ideas] Re: Dr. Feelgood and the Interns

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:32:18 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2004 10:15:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Wait,  are you telling me the man never considered life until he got to  the
beach?  Wow.  No wonder he wanted to kill himself.  I'm  sure it was all
those girls from Ipanema that gave him  purpose.

----

I wonder what beach it was that Russell Bertrand was walking. R. Paul
contrasts a beach to a lake, but of course, some lakes _have_ beaches, notably
Guilford, Connecticut... (below).

I append the details below in case you are thinking of reconsidering your
life there...

Cheers,

JL

-----

The Town of Guilford
Summer Beach Passes:

REGISTRATION:  Beach Passes will be available Monday, May  10th through Labor
Day.  Passes can be purchased at the Recreation office  Monday-Friday, 8:30
am-4:30 pm.  The office will also be open every  Saturday in June from
9:00am-12:00 noon.

RESIDENT VERIFICATION:  The following will be accepted as proof of residency:
 valid Drivers  License, Lease Agreement, Checkbook, Tax Bill, or Property
Deed.

NON-RESIDENTS:  May purchase a beach pass for Jacobs  Beach and Lake
Quonnipaug. See fee schedule below.

GUESTS:  Each pass-holder may bring up to 12 guests per season to Lake
Quonnipaug.  Holes will be punched into the pass for each guest.  After 12
punches,
guests will have to pay the daily fee. At Jacobs Beach,  the pass will allow
all passengers in 1 car to enter (no punches of the pass at  Jacobs)  Walk-ins
and bicycle riders must have a pass to use either  beach.

HOURS:  Both Jacobs Beach and Lake Quonnipaug will be  open on weekends only
from 12:00 pm-5:00 pm  beginning Memorial Day Weekend  through the last day of
school.  The beaches will be open every day  beginning June 25th.

LAKE QUONNIPAUG HOURS:  Monday-Saturday               9:30am-7:30pm
Sunday               11:00am-7:30pm

JACOBS  BEACH  HOURS:            Monday-Saturday               9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday               11:00am-5:00pm

SEASONAL PASS  FEES (there will be a $5.00 fee to obtain a replacement for a
lost  pass.)

RESIDENTS                    NON-RESIDENTS

Household  (1 or 2 adults  and           $25
$50
children  thru age 17 residing at
same address)

Senior (age 60 and  over)                      $5
    $10

Individual  Pass                             $15
  $30

DAILY  FEES

Lake  Quonnipaug                             Jacobs  Beach
Guilford Resident  (Mon.-Fri)                         $3.00  per  person
                             $3.00  per car
Non-Resident  (Mon.-Fri.)                             $6.00  per  person
                             $6.00  per car
Guilford Resident (Sat. &  Sun.)               $4.00  per  person
                      $4.00  per car
Non-Resident (Sat &  Sun.)                            $8.00  per  person
                             $8.00  per car