[lit-ideas] Re: Dr. Cockburn, Bill Bennett, Racist America

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:05:16 -0400

>>And I have never in my entire life heard a liberal say anything like the statement above.

Guess the classic example is Robert MacNamara's "100,000" -- the dirty dozen of our socioeconomic sphere sent into high-casualty areas in Vietnam. These we could afford to lose, we reasoned.

But yeah, though eugenics was a progressive issue, the piece conflates American FDR New Deal Liberals with leftists of all stripes from Stalin to Kropotkin. That's why it's slander.