[lit-ideas] Re: Donuts and Coke at White House dinners...

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:26:30 EST

In a message dated 2/17/2005 12:31:06 AM Central Standard Time,
eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
White  House orders that Scheib create a special inaugural menu to
honor the  brand names represented by more than a dozen top GOP and Bush
campaign  donors. Scheib was reportedly vocal about his unhappiness
over having to  create dishes that featured such ingredients as
Coca-Cola, Krispy Kreme  Doughnuts and Pilgrim's Pride Whole Butter
Basted  Turkeys.

Hi, yes...but I do have to agree with Andreas on this one--it IS kind of
funny!  I simply cannot imagine...

(small consolation, Eric, Krispy Kreme was losing money not long ago--don't
know if the White House 'saved' them or not--maybe they got a contract for our
 soldiers in Iraq.  Hm...is there a place to check on all the companies who
got contracts over there?  I do know someone who, at the beginning of the
war, was in Kuwait setting up contracts for things like Gatorade and the
like...I think she got a contract for botted water...she is an American living
in
Italy...and though she didn't make the $$ that people like Haliburton did/are
doing, it was very very lucrative an opportunity for her...[she pretended she
is  not an American most of the time--She's fluent in many languages] Was kind
of  hard for me as I'm glad she is doing well, but still...Speaking of morals
and  ethics...she is a perfect example [to me] of someone who will take any
opportunity and make money from it...I could not do that.  I like her alot
though and she is grand fun.  Her life simply puzzles me most of the  time.  Of
course, she is there and lives much better than I do and I am  here and living
in a red zone--so whose life is better?)

Wondering what to make for dinner tonight and thinking of basting a chicken
with Pepsi <g> or Dr. Pepper [who did THEY support?],
Marlena in Missouri