[lit-ideas] Re: Don't Stand So Close to Me

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:46:03 -0600

JK:
>>And if the girl/woman doesn't have a choice?

Choice as to what?  Sexual activity?  Then it's rape or at minimum sexual
assualt.    If it's with a girl, then it's statutory rape, whether she chooses
to or not.  Why do you ask such a question?  Is there something in my post that
suggests I approve of men "having their way" with women?  I don't understand.

Mike Geary
Memphis

        Date: 1/28/2007 4:29:06 P.M. Central Standard Time
        From: atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Sent on:

  A.A:
  >>  Sexual pleasure with an older man as opposed to someone her own age?  You
have to be kidding.<<

  It seems to me that where and with whom a woman seeks her pleasure is her
business, not yours.  If she prefers older men or younger men or mean men or
black men or red men or even white men, or rich men or cowboys or gay cowboys,
then that's her business.  That older men can use their position and influence
to seduce a younger woman can be dastardly caddish behavior, I'll grant you --
but not illegal or necessarily immoral assuming the woman is of legal age.
Women, like men, can behave in strange ways.  Ask any rock 'n roll star.  Many
women are drawn like moths to the bright lights of success.  Why else would men
seek out success?  For men, at least, it's all about sex, Andy.  I hate to tell
you that, but it's time you knew.  Everything a man does, he does for pussy --
well, about ten per cent do it for dick -- Freudian?  No.  More Heffnerian.
I've yet to find any male behavior that can't ultimately be reduced to the
desire to fuck.  And I stand four square against Reductionism!  It's an
extremely complex universe, after all -- except when it comes to male
motivations.  And I personally find nothing wrong with that.  I find it amusing
to realize that I'm writing this right now in hopes I'll get laid down the
road.

  Omar in his post informed me that the student he was writing about was not,
like my student, 15 years old, but a college student and that she was not
inexperienced in things sexual, to which you responded: " Not inexperienced is
sometimes known as sexual abuse of children."   My question is what the hell
does that have to do with anything?  If you want to preach against sexual abuse
of children, then start up an new thread.  I'll support you in that.  I can
name priests' names. : )   Who I wonder are you accusing of sexual abuse of
children -- Omar or me or both?  I never touched my student (and today we're
good, close friends, she teaches theater in Montreal)  and Omar's student
certainly wasn't a child.  So what was your point exactly?  I understand that
you're opposed to child sexual abuse.  So are we all.  So are we all.

  >> That's a clear power differential that speaks for itself I think, but, of
course, not to you.  It must be nice to live in a world where things just
happen.  Not happen for a reason, but just happen.<<

  I have no idea where this is coming from or how you could draw that
conclusion from anything I've ever written.

  >> By psychohistorians, but you don't believe in the unconscious, so why are
you bothering me? <<

  Which psychohistorians?   Names please.  What do you mean I don't believe in
the unconscious?  I've told you more than once that I believe first and
foremost in the unconscious,  or subconscious, which, I assume, is what you
mean.  We live our subconsciously, consciousness is what we amuse ourselves
with.

  A.A.  Someone who does no thinking would be envious, no surprise there.

  A hit!  A very palpable hit!

  Mike Geary
  Memphis