[lit-ideas] Re: Don't Screw with My Cookie! Was:: Bizarre Faith

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:02:55 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 5, 2004 11:34 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Don't Screw with My Cookie! Was:: Bizarre  Faith

> >Back to my feel-free-to-have-emotions thesis. By trying to frame an
> >emotional experience in intellectual terms, Paul is attacking the
> >emotional significance of the religious experience.
>
>   I'm not attacking the emotional significance of the religious experience,
>I'm attacking the emotional significance of EVERYTHING. (can't wait to see
>what JLS does with that negation)
>

>A.A.  What do you mean by Everything?

You expect me to intellectualize such a concept?

A.A. You know, I was just saying that my new Energy Star rated refrigerator
sighs a lot as part of its energy efficiency.  That's because it sits there and
says to the stove, You know stove, you're so lucky.  You're so warm all the
time ...  The stove sits there and says, Oh yeah you think so?  How would you
like to get hot flashes all the time ...  Everything gets so emotional
sometimes ...

Andy
Back to work

Paul