[lit-ideas] Re: Don't Fear Love Spoons

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:40:56 +0000 (GMT)

--- Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Before reading about love spoons, I thought "spooning" referred to the
> way spoons are laid
> > together in a drawer, fitting closely, concavity to concavity. Therefore
> "spooning" was to
> > cuddle.

In the use I know it is more than a cuddle:

for corroboration-
http://sexuality.about.com/b/a/080920.htm

If this use is not recent then the following innocent-sounding "cold weather"
excuse might be viewed quite differently...

> And Roman soldiers also slept alongside each other. I suppose most cultures
> did this. It's
> the most sensible thing to do in cold weather.

Like the two dogs, one pushing and thrusting while on top of the other -
mothers would explain that the one on the bottom was sick and blind and the
other was pushing it to the hospital.

Donal

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com