[lit-ideas] Re: Do ideas exist before being articulated?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:07:18 -0700

If I showed you three blocks of computer code, you wouldn't be able to see the difference (Java, C++, or HTML). It's all just code.

And the same for red and green: both are dark colors. They are the same. Dark.

This isn't such a weird idea. You're a woman. Ask a man to distinguish various shades of lipstick. To guys, it's all just red. To you, there are endless shades of difference.

Language isn't just a bunch of baby words ("cat, happy, blue") that exist on their own. It's meaning. And meaning is context. Which is based in social structures, processes, events, and so on.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>