[lit-ideas] Re: Disintigration of values, British TV, Heidegger

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:54:32 -0600

LH:
>>The “little red school house” embodied a good deal of “authenticity” in my
view, and the social experiments embody a “loss of being,” “loss of
values.”<<

Living in caves embodied a good deal of "authenticity" too.  My impression,
Lawrence, is that you're deeply disgruntled with life because the world is
not the way you remember it being when you were growing up.  The "social
experiments" you reference, I take it to be anything you disapprove of.
Me?  I  disapprove of the Heideggerian authentic traditions that permitted
the brutal murder of 6 million human beings for the purpose of keeping the
Aryan race  "authentically Aryan."  It's all made up, Lawrence, but some of
the made-up things over time have proven to be more conducive to civil
society than others.  If you believe that the West is going to hell in a
hand basket, well, the Islamic fundamentalists agree with you.  They hunger
for the truly authentic world of Koranic teachings.  Better that the world
be destroyed than continue as an affront to Allah.  And so, goodbye, sweet
prince.