[lit-ideas] Re: Dishes

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:06:24 +0100

On 18-Jan-12 I wrote:

...I also occasionally watch ... television programs ... while washing up. Currently I'm working my way through the 'Rumpole of the Bailey' series ...

... and today see at just over 3 minutes into "Rumpole and the Golden Thread" Horace Rumpole doing the dishes, while quoting from James Elroy Flecker's "The Golden Journey To Samarkand".

The series has got me reaching for my copy of The Oxford book of Verse ....

Chris Bruce,
with dripping hands pondering the fate
of 'souls of poets dead and gone', in
in Kiel, Germany