[lit-ideas] Re: Dishes

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:51:07 +0100

On 16-Jan-12, at 6:37 AM, David Ritchie wrote:

So here's a question that's important to living: what do you consider good dishes music, which is to say good music for washing the dishes.

I don't listen to music while doing the dishes - I prop my laptop up on the compost receptacle and listen to the Goon Show via Internet Radio, broadcast non-stop by Abacus.fm out of Vancouver

http://www.abacus.fm/

Chris Bruce,
saving the washing up
for later, in
Kiel, Germany

P.S. The only activity for which I have religiously selected music as an aid and accompaniment was the task of setting the valves on the BMW R100CS.

No, not Steppenwolf's 'Born to be Wild', Springsteen's 'Born to Run', The Doobie Brother's 'Rockin Down the Highway', etc.

Into the radio/cassette recorder (remember those?) on the workbench I'd pop one of the cassettes of Yo Yo Ma's recordings of J.S. Bach's Solo Cello Suites.

The aforementioned rock songs were saved for the moments after the cylinder head covers had been replaced, the bike had been taken down from it's work stand, and the ritual donning of the leathers had commenced ....

-cb