[lit-ideas] Re: Dishes

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:50:00 -0800 (PST)

For cleaning the kitchen I'd probably reach for the old standbys with the long
shelf life, like Bob Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll; Mony Mony is a great
song.  Nothing with Deep Purple and never rap.  I was driving one day listening
to whatever talk show I could find on the radio and happened to come across a
discussion wherein it was said that insurance companies know exactly what music
to focus on to sell products.  Apparently they've learned that the music that
we are most emotionally attached to is what we listened to at the age of
23.  Leave it to corporations to target their demographics so specifically.

I finished up today watching the first six parts of The Forsythe Saga by John
Galsworthy.  It's a really good soap opera of the English upper classes, cliff
hangers and all, it's quite fun.  Basically, someone falls in love and kicks
off family feuding. The characters have a bit of flesh on their cardboard
skeletons and the bad guys (bag guy really, Soames Forsythe, although Darty is
quite the bounder) was a tragic figure in some ways.  But aren't all bad guys,
unless they're sociopaths, tragic?

Andy