[lit-ideas] Re: Disbelief

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:09:52 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Dec 13, 2004 11:12 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Disbelief

>A.A. Good point.  Personally, I couldn't care less if I were the only
>atheist on the planet, I would still be one.  Principles are something we
>believe in regardless of what others believe.  Looking for gurus means we
>don't know what we believe, only what others believe.

Can you believe in "not-something"? OR, can you NOT-believe in something?
Maybe Descartes had something with that ontological stuff.

A.A.   Believing in not-God is a bit vague, but not believing in God is the
definition of atheism, last I looked.  But then, I'm not a philosopher.  Maybe
philosophically it's more complicated.

Andy Amago

a-moststuff

Paul