[lit-ideas] Re: Disbelief

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:04:38 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin Meredith <Kouroo@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Dec 20, 2004 9:40 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Disbelief

>From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>A while back I googled negative theology and it gave me only atheist
>sites.  Any suggestions for web sites for negative theology?
>Andy Amago

On a topic such as this one, I would suggest avoiding the Internet. A
reading list should include works by Lev Shestov and Simone Weil.

I appreciate the suggestion.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pretenses to
scholarship.  Theological arguments would be interesting if at the very least
God was knowable.  But God isn't knowable.  Since there is an immense amount
unknown by me that is knowable, it seems a more fruitful use of my time to go
with the empirical stuff, however hotly contested it is.  As I said earlier, my
references to God will henceforth be limited to God's connection with Fearless
Leader.  Looking at it in a different way, aren't we lucky that we have one of
God's insiders in the White House, along with Franklin Graham, just loving us
all to death.

Andy Amago