[lit-ideas] Re: Disbelief

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:36:18 -0800 (PST)

Many thanks for this site.  Negative theology appears to be knowledge of God
obtained by way of negation.  This seems a contradiction in terms.  If God or
fairies or angels or Santa Claus don't exist for me, how can I gain knowledge
of these non-entities?  For purposes of negative theology, since I'm an
atheist, wouldn't I have negated the concept already?  Am I not practicing
negative theology already?

Andy Amago