[lit-ideas] Re: {Disarmed} Making of a mass murderer inEnglish Class

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:05:35 +0100

Every single one, Edward, surely?... this is the second
despicable attack on English at
VT (the second I've seen).  Here's a list of this term's courses

http://www.english.vt.edu/ug/spring2007.pdf

Here's a Graduate Faculty list -- with no Brent Stevens, ?, but
with, full
Professor,

 Fritz H. Oehlschlaeger

 My current research interests involve the relationships between
literature and ethics and literature and Christian theology.
My primary writing at the moment is on a book manuscript looking
at bioethical matters from a standpoint that is partly, but not
wholly,
 influenced by Christian ethics. I continue also to be interested
in
various aspects of American literature, particularly but not
exclusively
 that of the nineteenth-century.
(etc.)

(Mary Grabar, townhall.com: "In our schizophrenic universities
students are taught that Christianity is evil and that heroism is
passé idea of old fools;")

http://www.english.vt.edu/grad/faculty.htm

here's Brent Stevens, instructor
http://www.english.vt.edu/directories/s.htm

*and here's Stevens and his course*

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/cram/feature/wb/wb/xp-89365

(here's this Fall's list

http://216.239.59.104/custom?q=cache:zUJuD2onaRIJ:www.english.vt.edu/ug/Fall%25202007.pdf+Stevens&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8)

**Who alerted people to the fact that Cho might be dangerous**?
THE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT AT VT.

VT is a rather conservative, very practical, ROTC-heavy
institution.

Mary Grabar allegedly teaches at a university in Atlanta.  I can
find no trace of that but if you want to meet her, try here

(I bet she bears a grudge against academia)

http://socratescafe.meetup.com/cities/us/ga/atlanta/

OK that's enough time given to townhall.com

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK