[lit-ideas] Re: Director of the Spoken Word

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:49:43 -0700

On Sep 22, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Judith Evans wrote:

I can't find the Indie story online (to give people a
translation), however, peerages-for-cash means
 they were being sold (it's alleged) and a caution
 in this context (less obvious, I agree) is a formal
warning by the police.  ("Interviewed";  here
"by the police" is implied.)

I'll try to spell things out, lacking a url, in future,
if only for David's sake.
:)

David quoted (actually, I see, "quoted") The ball-tampering allegation carries a possible penalty of a one Test or two one-dayers ban, plus a heavy fine. <<<<<<<<<<

did the BBC really publish that as you give it here?

Indeed. You'll find it at the very website you quote later on:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/ 5369716.stm

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon